I’m a huge fan of adding lemon into smoothies. I even elevated a pretty basic strawberry banana smoothie with lemon last year and it’s been one of the most searched recipes on the blog! This time, I really amped up the fun ingredient factor by adding lemon, turmeric, ginger and a Medjool date to a pretty fantastic base of cherries and beets. Trust me, if you make this smoothie once, you’ll definitely make it twice.
The combination of turmeric and ginger give this smoothie a unique spice, but I think you’ll find it’s just the right amount to provide some fun flavor without going overboard.
That color though. Could it be an prettier?! Cheers to your health and hydration!
KISS Cherry Beet Lemon Smoothie
- Vitamix or high-speed blender
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 3/4 cup about 2 cooked beets (I use Love Beets Organic Cooked beets)
- 1 cup unsweetened Ripple milk (my favorite!) or other milk of choice
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder plus more for sprinkling on top, if desired
- Place all ingredients in high-speed blender or Vitamix and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with additional turmeric, if desired. Enjoy!
Pin for later: