Chicken salad is one of my favorites and I particularly love it with large hunks or shreds of chicken where it really feels like a hearty and satisfying meal. The addition of plump blueberries, fresh pecans (roasting them would make this dish even more divine!) and crunchy yellow bell pepper, make this salad seriously satisfying.
Instead of traditional mayo, I used avocado oil mayo to amp up those heart healthy fats. Many folks ask me if avocado oil mayo tastes different and it doesn’t to me. If you think differently, I’d love to know!
KISS Tip: Next time you fire up the grill, throw a couple extra chicken breasts on so you’ll have some extra to make this recipe or any of your other favorite recipes that call for shredded or cubed chicken breast!
KISS Blueberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast (requires prep-prepared chicken breast)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayo
- salt + pepper to taste
- 4 cups field greens
- Combine shredded chicken, blueberries, pecans and bell pepper in medium size bowl.
- Add avocado oil mayo to bowl and mix well until evenly incorporated. Salad should have a light coating of mayo; add more if desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve on a bed of greens!
Pin for later: