I’m excited to partner with Lantana Foods for this post. As always, all opinions are my own, and I only partner with brands and products I genuinely love using in my own kitchen.
Making classic Dad food “healthy” is one of those things I’ve always struggled with. Do we go all out because it’s Father’s Day or do we provide nourishing options because of how we care about their health?! In full transparency, I’ve usually opted for going all out because I don’t believe a single meal makes a long term impact on anyone’s health, but when we can boost nutrition in a classic like nachos and still have it taste AMAZING, I’m all for it. These Buffalo Hummus Chicken Nachos are the best of both worlds and couldn’t be any easier to throw together!
If you haven’t tried hummus nachos before, you’re missing out. And if you haven’t tried Lantana Food’s Buffalo Hummus, stop what you’re doing right now and go get yourself some- you’ll find them in the deli section at H-E-B (or easily add to your curbside order… #momlife)! This creamy dip is a white bean base packed with buffalo spice that all buffalo lover’s are going to go crazy for. It’s a medium level heat with just the right amount of buffalo kick without being too hot!
I also love that Lantana is headquartered in Austin, Texas! They’re definitely culinary trailblazers and I rely on them to keep my appetizers and snacks full of color and flavor without me having to do all the hard work. These nachos couldn’t be any more simple (seriously just a few minutes to throw together) yet they’re sure to impress the dad in your life. Or if you’re like me, I snuck a few bites before handing them over to Mr. KISS.
KISS Tip: Swap out other Lantana hummus flavors (3-Pepper, Beet or Black Bean would all be great!) for a different spin on these hummus nachos. Try blue corn tortilla chips, grain-free chips or a different protein to customize the recipe even more!
Once you make these nachos and everyone falls in love with the buffalo hummus, you’ll probably start incorporating it into other things. It works great as a dip, spread on sandwiches or an ingredient in any recipe where buffalo is a good fit. If you make something creative with it, let me know in the comments!
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads, grandpas, stepdads, dads to be and father figures out there. Y’all matter to us more than you know!
KISS Buffalo Hummus and Chicken Nachos
- 16 oz. restaurant style tortilla chips (I like to grab the fresh tortilla chips from the HEB bakery or, if following grain-free, I like Siete grain free tortilla chips.)
- 2 containers Lantana Buffalo Hummus
- 3 cups shredded chicken (3/4 lb)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chives, thinly sliced
- 1 small fresh jalapeño, seeded and sliced (optional)
- Shredded lettuce for plate
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread tortilla chips evenly on a baking sheet.
- Spoon 1 1/2 containers of Lantana Buffalo hummus over the tortilla chips. Reserve the remaining 1/2 container for dipping.
- Sprinkle shredded chicken over the nachos.
- Place sheet pan of nachos into preheated oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- If you haven’t already chopped the tomatoes, chives and jalapeños, you can do so while the nachos are in the oven.
- Remove nachos from oven and top with cherry tomatoes, chives and fresh jalapeño slices, if desired. Place remaining hummus in center of nachos.
- Serve nachos on a bed of shredded lettuce and enjoy immediately!
Pin for later:
Ooh this looks amazing. I am on the look out for my “go-to” party dish and this might be it!
Thanks so much, Lisa! It’s definitely becoming my “go-to” for parties!
Yum! You had me at jalapenos. This will be fun to try, thanks for the great recipe!
The jalapenos + buffalo hummus are such an amazing flavor combo! Can’t wait to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by, Heidi!
These nachos look amazing!!! Can’t wait to try out this recipe!
Thanks so much, Kara!
I love using hummus on nachos. Hummus contains many ingredients that we love at The Genomic Kitchen, including olive oil, chickpeas, and sesame seeds. Such a great recipe when it comes to talking to our genes as well as just tasting amazing!
Glad you feel the same, Bronte! Thanks for sharing!