We all tend to love salads for different reasons. Whether it’s health benefits, how easy they are to make or just wanting a crisp refreshing meal when the Texas heat is killing us all slowly, salads are the perfect lunch or dinner. To keep my salad rotation new and exciting, I try to make simple twists on classic favorites. The addition of these Monterey Mushroom salad toppers takes a basic chicken Caesar salad to a whole new level of flavor (and nutrition!).
If you’re feeding big eaters like growing teens or husbands/dads, I know they can be the first to balk at salad. Trust me- if you serve up this flavorful salad, they’ll ask for it again and again. Hearty chicken, seasoned and sautéed mushrooms with crisp lettuce, creamy cheese and delicious dressing come together for the perfect salad.
We’re big mushroom fans here at KISS in the Kitchen. You’d be hard pressed to find a crop more sustainable and nutritious than mushrooms. Did you know that one million pounds of mushrooms can grow in the space of just one acre while requiring minimal water and are ready to harvest in just a matter of days?!
H-E-B Combo Loco Alert! From now until 9/3, Buy a Dole Salad and get a free 5oz Monterey Mushroom Salad Topper!
I love these Monterey Mushroom Salad Toppers- they’re super convenient since they’re already sliced and perfect to toss on any salad. I chose to sauté these for a few minutes to give a deeper flavor, and there’s time while the chicken is cooking in the oven!
KISS Tip: Substitute sliced baby bellas or your other favorite mushroom if your grocery store doesn’t carry this specific variety!
I hope this Texas heat cools down really soon, but I’ll be enjoying this salad recipe all year long!
KISS Chicken and Mushroom Caesar Salad
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 2 packages Monterey Mushrooms Salad Toppers
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper
- Shaved parmesan cheese for topping
- Caesar dressing of choice (I used Tessemae’s Creamy Caesar)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place chicken breasts on baking sheet. Brush avocado oil over chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake chicken for 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- While the chicken is baking, you can prepare the mushrooms. Add 1 Tbsp avocado oil to a stovetop pan heated on medium heat and toss in the mushrooms. Add salt and pepper, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from heat and allow to cool while the chicken finishes baking.
- Roughly chop the Romaine lettuce and place in a bowl.
- Once the chicken is done, slice it into strips and place it along with the mushrooms on top of the salad.
- Top salad with shaved parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing. Enjoy!
Pin for later: