Hello fellow KISS in the Kitchen Readers; it’s Amanda, and I can’t wait to share the delicious recipe I’ve got for you today. First, can we be real for a moment? We have all had those long days where in the end we have no energy to make a great dinner; but fear not, I am here to help!
If you’ve ever tried one-sheet pan meals, then you know how much of a lifesaver they can be! Sheet pan meals are quick and delicious (not to mention the clean-up is a breeze). The combinations are endless, so to get your creative juices flowing I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes today! And if looking for more sheet pan inspo, check out these super popular KISS in the Kitchen recipes: Southwest Breakfast Sheet Pan Meal and Citrus Shrimp and Zoodles Sheet Pan Meal.
Customizing your own sheet pan meal is easy-peasy. All you have to do is follow these 2 steps:
- Choose your source of protein
- Choose your vegetables to roast
For this meal I chose chicken breast as my protein, and mushrooms, broccoli, and bell pepper as my vegetables.
Whenever crafting your sheet pan meals (or any and all of your meals), you should try to include a protein source, vegetables, and a healthy fat!
- Protein aids in satiety, the feeling of being full after eating a meal.
- Vegetables, as many of you know, are a great source of vitamins and minerals that our bodies love and need.
- Our source of heart healthy fat can be found in the avocado oil drizzled over the vegetables.
Chicken and Veggies Sheet Pan Meal
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 8 oz. carton sliced white mushrooms
- 1 small head broccoli
- Avocado oil spray (or 2 tbsp avocado oil)
- Seasonings: garlic, black pepper, rosemary, or whatever you fancy
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice bell peppers and cut broccoli into florets.
- Cut chicken breast into even cubes.
- Place cubed chicken, sliced bell pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli florets onto pan.
- Spray chicken and vegetables with avocado oil and sprinkle desired seasonings.
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes, remove and devour!
Pin for later: