Chocolate + cherry is quite the popular flavor combo, yet I’ve always struggled to embrace the chocolatey cherriness. SO many drinks, candies, etc. just taste sugary sweet or fake, but it’s funny what happens when you use REAL ingredients. Fresh (or frozen!) cherries, cacoa powder and a few other simple real ingredients come together for a nutritious and delicious smoothie milkshake. I think I’m officially a “chocolate cherry” fan now- just give me this smoothie, not those candies in a box during the holidays that are ALWAYS left in the 75% off cart at the grocery cart. I know you know what I’m talking about.
This smoothie is almost more like a milkshake, but it’s still packed with protein and nutrition, so who says you can’t have chocolate for breakfast?
KISS Tip– Serve your smoothie in a wine glass…because it’s just more fun that way. #fancy
Chocolate Cherry Milkshake
- Vitamix or high-speed blender
- 10 fresh pitted cherries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop pf your favorite protein powder (vanilla or plain would be best)
- 1 tsp Navitas Naturals Cacao powder (or regular cocoa powder can work fine)
- 6-8 oz. unsweetened coconut-almond milk (or your favorite milk)
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend on high until smooth and desired consistency is achieved. Enjoy!