I am a huge banana lover and this shake seriously tastes like the ones at Sonic, but it’s WAY better for you. It’s still totally creamy, dreamy and decadent and I’m officially making them on the regular.
A slight disclaimer about this recipe- I’m pretty specific on the instructions and ingredients, which isn’t usually the case. If you’re a frequent visitor to the KISS blog, you know I’m big on substitutions and encourage making recipes your own! I used a lot of my favorite ingredients that I always have on hand and if you don’t have them- I really think it’s worth trying them (I’m not affiliated with these brands, just a big fan!). I used both fresh and frozen bananas, Ripple Unsweetened Vanilla Plant Milk, Vital Proteins Collagen and Maranatha Raw almond butter. I do think you could probably swap out a different almond butter and get the same result, but the other ingredients should probably stay if you want the same creamy, dreamy masterpiece I concocted ;).
KISS Banana Cream Pie Shake (dairy-free)
- Vitamix or high-speed blender
- 2 medium, ripe bananas, 1 fresh and 1 frozen (I always freeze my bananas when they start to get too ripe so I’ll have a stockpile for smoothies.)
- 1 1/4 cup Vanilla Unsweetened Ripple
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen
- 1 Tbsp Maranatha Raw Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy and make often :).
Pin for later: