This creamy yet dairy-free pumpkin smoothie is packed with delicious pumpkin flavor and just the right amount of spice to make it your new favorite early fall smoothie!
It’s THAT time of year. In Texas, THAT time of year means slightly crispy mornings but still warm afternoons that leave you craving a cool and creamy drink that is refreshing but also gives a nod to fall. This dairy-free pumpkin smoothie is the perfect blend of pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and pecan butter that come together for a nourishing and scrumptious fall smoothie. And if you don’t have pecan butter on hand, just sub almond or cashew- both work just fine.
How do I make a healthy pumpkin smoothie?
If you’re wondering how to make a pumpkin smoothie (or any smoothie a healthy choice), then take a close look at your ingredients.
- Choose pumpkin puree (if you want to make your own, this Instant Pot version from the Kitchn is a great resource) and not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling as extra sweeteners that won’t be necessary or nourishing.
- Choose a nut butter without extra fats or sugars. Nuts and salt should be the only ingredients.
- Eyeball yogurts or plant based milks for any added sugars. I’d suggest choosing one with sweetener and one without to not over do it or choose both without any added sugars and toss in a pitted Medjool date for just the right amount of sweetness and a fiber boost.
- Add in nourishing extras like collagen peptides, chia or flax seeds.
KISS Tip: Prepare a double batch and freeze the extra in popsicle molds for a fun cool treat to enjoy on the still warm afternoons (if you’re in Texas!).
I’d love to know if you make this pumpkin smoothie recipe or if you try anything different with it- leave me a comment below. Thank you for being here!
- Vitamix or high-speed blender
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp pecan nut butter, well-stirred (cashew or almond can work as well!)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice + extra for topping
- 2 scoops collagen peptides powder
- 1 5.3 oz. cup dairy-free vanilla or plain unsweetened yogurt I like Kite Hill unsweetened plain or sweetened vanilla
- 1 cup almond or oat milk, sweetened or unsweetened (If using unsweetened, then I would suggest adding a pitted Medjool date)
- Combine all ingredients in a Vitamix or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Top with additional pumpkin pie spice powder, if desired. Enjoy!
Pin for later: