I wonder what brought you here- the word fudgy, the fact that these brownies can be made in your high-speed blender or that you want to make dad a slightly healthier brownie this Father’s Day? Whatever the reason, I’m really glad you’re here.
Father’s Day is a super tender day for me. My dad was a phenomenal dude and I miss him tremendously. KISS in the Kitchen got its name from the fact that dad always told me to “Keep it simple, Shannon”. If I could summarize my dad in the simplest of descriptions I’d say he loved being my dad, he loved Jesus and he loved him some peach cobbler (get the exact super unhealthy, but way delicious recipe here).
Okay, back to the sweetness at hand.
Here’s the skinny on this recipe. Instead of using some sort of oil or butter, a big ol’ avocado goes in the brownie batter. You’re basically giving this a 100% healthy fat composition while also adding a seriously fudgy texture.
It’s okay to lick the knife when you cut these brownies; dad won’t mind.
And did I mention these are gluten-free?! You can totally use all purpose flour if that’s your preference or don’t have any food restrictions, but I’ve been loving Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour (no brand affiliation/sponsorship; I’m just a fan). I’ve used it countless recipes (Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes, Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Muffins and the most delicious, moist Banana Bread you can imagine). The baking options are endless with this great gluten-free blend.
So whatcha waiting for? Grab your Vitamix or high-speed blender and whip these babies up for dad or anyone else special.. like you ;).
Fudgy Avocado Blender Brownies
- 1 ripe large avocado, pitted & peel removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp non-dairy vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 X 8 glass baking dish.
- In a Vitamix or high-speed blender, blend the avocado and eggs until smooth and creamy. Add remaining ingredients and blend well. Pour into greased dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Let sit for 15-20 min before cutting.
Pin for later: