I’m excited to partner with Monterey Mushrooms, the largest fresh mushroom grower in North America, for this post. As always, all opinions are my own, and I only partner with brands and products I genuinely love using in my own kitchen.
I couldn’t be more excited to share this recipe. I’ve been making this lasagna for over a decade yet somehow it’s never made it on the blog. I also started adding finely diced and seasoned fresh mushrooms into it last fall and we’ve never loved the recipe more. Keep reading to find out what makes this lasagna extra special (hint = easy peasy, no boil and a vegetable hack you’ve got to try)!
I’m always on the lookout for how I can get more veggies into our meals and lasagna is the perfect way to get in some extra nutrition without a lot of extra work- especially since I use Monterey Mushroom’s Let’s Blend finely diced and pre-seasoned mushrooms. If you’ve come to KISS in the Kitchen before, you’ve probably seen one of my many recipes that calls for Let’s Blend. It adds flavor, nutrition and moisture to your recipe, all while making the meal stretch further. Plus, I didn’t have to do the chopping so I’m a fan.
If you’re feeding a crowd, meal prepping or want to have leftovers you can freeze, this recipe is for you. It’s always been a large recipe, but once I added an extra 8oz of recipe-bulking mushrooms to it, it became an extra-large recipe. I just made it last week and we ate on it for a few days then I froze 3 servings for Mr. KISS in the Kitchen’s lunch.
I also want to set the record straight that I’ve had multiple “non-mushroom fans” that have LOVED this recipe. One of the many benefits to using Let’s Blend is the mushrooms aren’t very detectable, even though you’re adding in amazing flavor and nutrition!
This recipe also makes a perfect meal-train meal! I recently sent one of these over to my neighbor after she had a baby and it’s so nice sending a meal that you know is full of nutrition and that is going to last a family several days!
And here is THE BEST thing about this lasagna. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BOIL THE NOODLES or buy special oven-ready noodles. Can you tell I’m excited about this? I’ve made it countless times with regular and gluten-free noodles and if you follow the directions exactly, you do not need to do any extra boiling steps! It’s definitely a KISS (Keep it simple, Shannon) approved recipe!
KISS Gluten- Free Beef & Mushroom Lasagna
- 1 lb lean ground beef (93/7)
- 1 package Monterey Mushroom Italian Let’s Blend (Learn how to make Let’s Blend at home!)
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 15 oz container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan romano cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 oz gluten-free lasagna noodles (about 16 strips)
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until almost all pink has disappeared. If using lean ground beef, there is no need to drain the grease.
- Add the Let’s Blend to the ground beef, mix well and continue to cook over medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce and water to the ground beef and finely diced mushrooms and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, parmesan, eggs, parsley and s & p.
- In a 13 X 9 dish, pour about 1 1/2 cups sauce on bottom of dish. Place 3 lasagna noodles on top of sauce, followed by ~1 cup sauce.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture next, followed by another layer of lasagna noodles.
- Repeat layers with sauce, remaining cheese, lasagna noodles and top with remaining sauce and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Cover dish with foil and cook for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 15 more minutes. Remove from oven, let cool 10-15 minutes before serving warm. Enjoy!
Pin for later: