I’m struggling to find words that can adequately convey how I feel about this Mother’s Day. It’s so surreal that likely by the end of this month, I’ll officially be a mom. Those who know me well know that I’ve longed to be a mother for more than half of my life, even answering the “What you do you want to be when you grow up” question with “A Mom”, at a fairly young age. And now, this sweet baby girl who has already enlarged my heart’s capacity (and every other part of my body) is about to be here. The feels are so real and the gratitude is literally bursting out of me. I know this day can be one of complete joy and also immense heartache, so wherever you fall on that spectrum, let’s all use this day to show grace to ourselves and others.
There’s something about that crumb topping that makes it look a little fancy, but this bread couldn’t be more simple to put together. It’s perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch or just to have on hand during the week for a delicious snack or part of breakfast!
And when it comes out of the oven… the crumble topping is seriously perfection!
The soft texture of the bread with the crunchy crumble on top is so delish and it’s bursting with cinnamon flavor. If you’re not a cinnamon fan, I’d probably pass on this recipe.
I’m pretty sure these will make great muffins also, but I haven’t tried them out yet. Would love to know if you try out mini loaves or muffins with this recipe!
Shoutout to all the new mamas, seasoned mamas, grandmamas and mamas-to-be out there- show yourself (and each other) some extra love, compassion and grace.
KISS Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread
- 9×5 inch loaf tin
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour with xanthum gum (I like Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Baking Flour)
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9×5 inch loaf tin.
- Mix together flour, flax, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, mashed bananas, coconut palm sugar, coconut oil, and unsweetened applesauce until well combined. Gently fold in the dry ingredients until well incorporated, being careful to not over mix.
- For the crumb topping, mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and softened butter in a small bowl. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, mix the ingredients until small crumbles form.
- Place the batter in the prepared loaf tin and evenly sprinkle with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!
Pin for later: