Calling all chocolate lovers, this one is for you. Nothing beats warm gooey chocolate… especially in a bread pudding. I’ve always loved bread pudding, but after going gluten-free, it’s been way too long since I’ve had any! I was brainstorming what Valentine’s Day dessert I wanted to make for my next Great Day SA (tune in on Feb 12th!) segment and it was definitely a lightbulb moment when I thought of TRIPLE chocolate bread pudding. Cocoa powder, chocolate chips and chocolate milk. This trio is nothing less than amazing.
The chocolate milk in this recipe isn’t just regular ol’ chocolate milk- it’s A2 Chocolate milk. Here’s the scoop on a2 milk because when I first heard the name, I wanted to know what made it different also. a2 Milk® is 100% real milk that is easier on digestion and may help some avoid discomfort. Ordinary cows’ milk naturally contains A1 and A2 protein types, a2 Milk® comes from cows that naturally produce only A2 protein. Published research suggests that a2 Milk® may help some people avoid stomach discomfort! In 2016 I had to make some major dietary changes, one of which involved giving up dairy. I’m happy to report I’ve been enjoying this a2 chocolate milk without any digestive issues! I’m also happy to report that this delicious and creamy treat contains no artificial sweeteners!
This recipe couldn’t be any more simple! I grabbed a loaf of my favorite Canyon Gluten-Free Bread (the Hawaiian is my fav), cut the slices into squares then mixed all the wet ingredients and cocoa powder together and poured on top of the bread and chocolate chips. After a quick 30 minute sit in the fridge, it’s ready to go in the oven!
KISS Tip: If your cocoa doesn’t dissolve well into the liquid mixture, use an immersion blender to get the liquid a super smooth consistency! Don’t have an immersion blender? Pour the mixture into a high speed blender for 30 seconds!
This recipe is definitely my new fav dessert – I even took it to a Super Bowl party! Can’t wait to hear what all you chocolate fans think of this one!
KISS Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 9x13" glass baking dish
- 1 loaf gluten-free bread (15 slices), cut into squares (I like Canyon Bakehouse)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple sugar
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 strawberries, if desired
- Cut bread slices into squares and place in a greased 9X13 glass dish.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of bread pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chocolate milk, eggs, melted butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. Mix until all of the ingredients are well-combined.*
- Pour liquid mixture over bread and chocolate chips, cover with foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° and bake covered for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until the dish is mostly set (it should only move slightly in the middle if you jiggle it). Let cool for 10 minutes before serving warm with fresh strawberry slices.
Pin for later: