It took until November to have soup weather here in Texas, but it’s finally here and I’m loving every moment. We just had a rough week with a sick baby (including an ER visit, but thankfully she’s much better now) and SUPER fast meals have been needed more than ever. This Feast Day Soup recipe has been a KISS fan favorite for years (see the original recipe and back story here!) and a hearty Instant Pot beef and vegetable soup is a must during fall and winter, right? If you’re new to the Instant Pot, this is also a great first recipe to try!
Both the stove top version and Instant Pot version of this Beef and Vegetable soup are incredibly easy and packed with flavor and nutrition. It comes together unbelievably fast so it comes in clutch for busy weeknights. Like most beef and vegetable soups, it tastes even better the following day, but it’s still quite enjoyable fresh out of the IP or stockpot!
I want to touch on a few things with the Instant Pot. I’ve been cooking with mine for less than a year and I was VERY intimidated by the appliance itself. The whole high pressure thing made me a bit uneasy and let’s face it- we’ve heard a story or two about people burning their face or hands when pressure cooking. I ordered my Instant Pot off Amazon during Black Friday of 2018 and it wasn’t until the end of January 2019 that I used it. And that was with the help of my best friend, who is an Instant Pot expert. So whether you’ve never used one or you’re just not quite comfortable with it yet, know you’re not alone. Also know it’s very worth it to spend some time becoming more comfortable with this type of cooking. It will absolutely save you time in the long run!
I’m hopeful to make some more Instant Pot soup recipes in the months to come! We save so much time each week using ours and I’d love to adapt more of my favorite stove top soup recipes into Instant Pot recipes! Let me know if you try this one and if you’re a fan of the stove top or Instant Pot version!
KISS Instant Pot Feast Day Soup
- Instant Pot
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 bag baby carrots, chopped
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt + more to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 of a 16 oz bag of frozen corn (add at end)
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and wait for it to heat up. Once hot, add 2 tsp. avocado oil to evenly coat the bottom.
- As soon as the oil is hot, add the ground beef and onion, sautéing for 9-10 minutes until beef is no longer pink.
- Toss in the diced tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add the beef broth and stir everything well , making sure the liquid is well-distributed in the pot.
- Lock the lid and press the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” button and set it to cook for 10 minutes under high pressure.
- When the soup is finished cooking, manually release the pressure (“Quick Release”). Once the pressure is released, add ½ a bag of frozen corn into the soup (no need to thaw as the heat from the soup will warm it right up).
- Serve with your favorite cornbread. I think this soup tastes best the next day, but feel free to eat it right away and then enjoy the leftovers!
Pin for later: