“Peachy keen” has always been a favorite phrase of mine.. and goodness gracious do I love me some peaches. So this time of year when they’re ripe and sweet.. the kind of ripe and sweet where one bite and you’ve got peach juice all over your face (don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about!), that’s like the epitome of peachy keen.
This month’s Recipe ReDux is amazing because we get to show some love to a favorite ReDux blogger. I’m super excited to share a recipe inspired by Amber Ketchum of Homemade Nutrition. Amber and I actually got our Master’s degrees together in 2012, BUT didn’t really become super close until last year. She has inspired me personally, professionally and her blog is GORGEOUS. You know those blogs you go to because the food makes you drool? Yeah, that’s hers. And similar to my blog philosophy, her recipes are simple and nutritious.
Amber’s ingredients- bread, grilled peaches, arugula, bacon and mayo.
My ingredients- tortilla, grilled peaches, arugula and chipotle cheddar cheese.
Why did I cut out bacon? Because I’m lazy. If you have bacon, go for it.
Grilled peaches, which go to a whole ‘notha level of sweetness when grilled, pair perfectly with cheese that has a little kick to it. Incorporating Cabot Chipotle Cheddar in this recipe was a no brainer. Their cheese is hands down the. best. ever.
Peachy Green Quesadillas
- 2 small ripe peaches, cut in half and pits removed
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup arugula or other leafy greens
- 1/2 cup Cabot Chipotle Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat grill, panini press, or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly spray the cut side of each peach half with cooking spray and place on the grill, face-side down. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the peaches are tender and have grill marks. Remove from heat and set aside (once cooled, the grilled peaches can be refrigerated for up to 5 days).
- Cut the all of the grilled peach-halves into 4- 6 thin slices. To assemble the quesadilla: Lightly spray one tortilla with cooking spray. Place the tortilla on top of skillet (or if you possibly have a quesadilla maker, use that. It was the “cheesiest” purchase ever, but I LOVE it), top with half of the cheese, arugula and peaches. Place other tortilla on top and cook for 4-5 minutes (flip halfway through) or until cheese is melty and oozing out.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients for the second quesadilla. Slice into fourths and enjoy!
Pin for later: