I’m excited to partner with Monterey Mushrooms, the largest fresh mushroom grower in North America, for this post. As always, all opinions are my own, and I only partner with brands and products I genuinely love using in my own kitchen.
Happy fall, y’all! I couldn’t be more excited than to kick off fall season with a delicious and EASY sheet pan recipe. The best part is, this sheet pan is the first in a sheet pan series that I’ll be sharing over the next few weeks. Sheet pans and meals under 30 minutes were at the top of y’all’s wish list (via an IG poll), and I think you’ll find these Portabella Mushroom Sheet Pan Fajitas delicious, quick and super simple!
Sheet pans are my jam. When I can throw all the ingredients in a meal on one pan that cooks at the same time and same temperature, I’m a happy camper. If that meal can also go from the kitchen to table in less than 30 minutes, I’m even happier!
In complete transparency, we are meat lovers in this family. It’s not too often that we have a lunch or dinner without chicken, steak or shrimp, but these Portabella mushrooms are so hearty we don’t miss the meat at all! And I love that mushrooms are one of the most sustainable crops available. Did you know that one million pounds of mushrooms can grow in the space of just one acre while requiring minimal water and are ready to harvest in just a matter of days?! Now that’s an impressive vegetable!
Monterey Mushrooms has a variety of different fresh mushroom options you can find at H-E-B (and other retailers, but here in Texas we shop at H-E-B!). One of my favorites is Fajita Time (seen below) and it cuts the prep time down since the large portabellas are already sliced and the package comes with a seasoning packet!
Stay tuned for more sheet pan recipes coming your way very soon!
KISS Portabella Mushroom Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 2 packages Monterey Mushrooms Fajita Time! Sliced Portabellas
- 1 onion
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, and orange)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- Tortillas of choice (I like Siete!)
- Toppings of choice: salsa, guacamole, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray nonstick cooking spray on sheet pan (I use avocado oil cooking spray).
- Slice the onion and bell peppers into thin strips and arrange on sheet pan, leaving room for portabella mushroom slices.
- Arrange the portabella mushrooms on the sheet pan.
- Drizzle the portabella mushrooms, bell peppers and onion with avocado oil and season the entire sheet pan with the 2 Fajita Time! seasoning packets included with the mushrooms. Mix to coat all of the veggies.
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning veggies at the 10 minute mark so they cook evenly.
- Remove sheet pan from oven after 20 minutes and serve on tortillas with your toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Pin for later: