One of the things I really missed eating in pregnancy was deli meat. Whether it was a turkey sandwich or a charcuterie board with prosciutto and salami, I really missed occasionally eating those foods! Every now and then I’d enjoy them on pizza (since they were heated), but it still wasn’t the same since I couldn’t sneak a piece of prosciutto straight from the package This is one of my favorite dairy-free and gluten-free pizza recipes that’s super quick and delish. I know what you may be thinking… that a dairy-free, gluten-free pizza has got to taste awful. And honestly, many of them do, BUT not this one. And sure, dairy free pizzas may seem a bit strange or pointless, but if you find yourself unable to have dairy and/or gluten, you want to still be able to enjoy things like pizza!
One of the secrets I’ve discovered about GF/DF pizza, is you gotta have a lot of flavor. This recipe is not only a cinch to throw together, but the combo of savory pepperoni/prosciutto with a smidge of creamy vegan cheese topped with peppery arugula and tangy-sweet balsamic glaze, makes it delicious enough for everyone to enjoy- whether GF/DF is your thang or not.
You can use your favorite GF crust for this pizza. I love Udi’s but would love to know what your favorite is!
I’ve always been a fan of throwing a handful of greens on top of pizza, but this (in my opinion) works best with thin crust pizzas. Deep dish or super rich pizzas don’t taste as great with fresh greens on top. There’s just something about a thin, flavorful pizza that pairs so nicely with a bunch of fresh arugula or spinach on top!
Prosciutto Arugula Pizza (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 2 Udis (or your favorite) pizza crust
- 1/2 cup Daiya (or your favorite) vegan mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices very thinly slices prosciutto, cut in half (8 long skinny pieces)
- 20 pepperoni slices
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 2 Tbsp sweet balsamic glaze* (You can make your own balsamic glaze- this is my favorite recipe or grab a bottle from the dressing/sauce aisle at the grocery store!)
- Preheat oven to 375° or follow package instructions for cooking temperature.
- Place frozen pizza crusts on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Place vegan cheese directly onto crust, followed by the prosciutto and pepperoni slices. Bake for approximately 10 minutes (if using Udi’s crust) or follow time on package instructions if using different crust.
- Remove from oven, top with arugula and balsamic drizzle* and enjoy immediately!
Pin for later: