This Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies recipe is the perfect and fast weeknight meal filled with rich fall flavors, nourishing vegetables and your favorite chicken sausage!
If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a hundred times, sheet pan meals are the lifeblood of our kitchen. This sheet pan sausage and veggies was a much needed addition to the KISS in the Kitchen sheetpan recipe archives! From breakfast to appetizers to main meals, I’ve got you covered with sheet pan meal recipes! time and temperature (IMO).
How do you cook sheet pan veggies and sausage?
If you’re wondering if sausage and vegetables can cook at the same time and temperature, they absolutely can. I’m pretty picky about my one pan or one sheet pan meals and generally don’t like staggering ingredients. A sheet pan meal should capitalize on ease and the simplest ones have all the ingredients on the sheet pan from the start and cook at the same time and temperature (IMO).
Fully cooked chicken sausage makes this possible and vegetables that naturally have similar cook times. The fall veggies are perfect and seasonal for this time of year but you can easily adapt this to a year-round meal. See KISS tip below!
Can you cook sausage in the oven?
Although fully cooked sausages often only come with stovetop, grill or microwave cooking instructions, sausage can easily cook in the oven. 400 degrees for 20 minutes seems to be the sweet spot for most chicken sausage varieties I’ve tried. They’ll cook faster on the stovetop (especially if you slice them) and even faster in the microwave but the purposes of this sheet pan meal it doesn’t get any easier than placing them on the baking sheet and well, that’s it.
KISS Tip: If you’re not a fan of delicata squash or if it’s not in season, you can easibly substitute with thickly sliced zucchini or yellow squash.
Another reason I love this combination of sausage and fall veggies is it goes so well with a simple balsamic maple glaze. It takes 2 minutes (tops) to whip the glaze together and it really ties all the ingredients together.
If you’re new to sheet pan meals or possibly trying to create your own, I love this resource on roasting veggies from The Kitchn! If you make this recipe, I’d love to know your thoughts- your feedback means more than you know! Thank you for being here, friend.
Roasted Fall Veggies & Sausage Sheet Pan
- 1 medium-large Delicata squash, sliced into ½” crescents
- 1 8 oz. package whole baby Bella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups broccoli florets (I used a bag of already cut florets)
- 1 12 oz. package fully cooked chicken sausage
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place pre-cooked sausages on a sheet pan and set aside.
- Cut Delicata squash in half lengthwise, scrape out seeds, and then slice into ¼” crescents. Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Combine sliced squash, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and broccoli florets in a large bowl. Cover with avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Spread veggies out on the sheet pan alongside the sausages.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the glaze ingredients. Drizzle over the veggies and sausage and bake for 20 min.
- While the sheet pan is in the oven, prepare rice according to package instructions (I used the Instant Pot)*.
- Once sheet pan is done cooking, remove from oven and serve immediately over a bed of rice.
Pin for later: