Energy or snack bites (whatever you want to call them!) are the best invention ever. There’s nothing like throwing a bunch of whole and nutritious ingredients in a food processor, grinding it up and rolling it into a delicious ball to be enjoyed throughout the day. And these chocolate cherry snack bites are truly the PERFECT pairing for MIA ROSA Dolce Rosso. With a lower alcohol content, MIA ROSA is an inviting and semi-sweet sparkling wine, meant to be enjoyed any time of the day- just like these snack bites. And both MIA ROSA and these chocolate cherry bites will be a hit at your next happy hour or girl’s night!
KISS Spicy Chocolate Cherry Snack Bites
- Food processor
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted whole almonds
- 1 1/2 cups Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted
- 3/4 cups dried cherries
- 2 tbsp Navitas Naturals cacao powder (if needed, regular cocoa will sub fine)
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Soak pitted Medjool Dates in hot water for 3-5 minutes; drain.
- While Medjool dates are soaking, place almonds in food processor for 10-15 seconds until broken in small pieces (see above photo).
- Add drained Medjool dates (it's okay if they are fairly wet), cacao powder and cayenne. Blend for 30-45 seconds until well incorporated. If ingredients are sticking to side or bottom, add 1-2 teaspoons of water and process until well incorporated.
- Add cherries and process for additional ~20 seconds. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, roll mixture into 1 inch size balls and place on parchment paper.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week and enjoy with a glass of MIA ROSA Dolce Rosso. Cheers!
Pin for later: