It is smoothie weather indeed. And here in Texas, it’s smoothie weather like 10 months out of the year. One of my favorite smoothies IRL and also on the blog, is this Strawberry Banana Lemon Smoothie. I posted it more than 2 years ago and it was quite a hit, but I always hated the photos. So the recipe is the same, but the photos are a little better ;).
Strawberry and banana is one of my favorite fruit combos- and I’m guessing it’s almost everyone’s, considering the popularity on menus everywhere. BUT even the most perfect flavor combos can stand a slight change every now and then. *insert lemon here*
KISS Tip #1: Keep frozen bananas in the freezer (peeled and halved) to toss in smoothies and eliminate the need for ice!
KISS Tip #2: If you’re not a fan of protein powder, consider adding a couple spoonfuls of plain or vanilla Greek yogurt for a nice protein boost!
KISS Tip #3: Use as little or as much lemon juice as you want- I cut a lemon in half, gave it a generous squeeze and it was just perfect. Squeeze to your liking :).
KISS Strawberry Banana Lemon Smoothie
- 3 large or 5 medium strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 large banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (almond, soy, etc.)*
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder, if desired
- 1 generous squeeze of lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into your Vitamix or high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and desired consistency is achieved.
- For added nutrition, consider adding 1-3 tsp of flax, chia or hemp seeds!
Pin for later: