I’m excited to partner with Monterey Mushrooms, the largest fresh mushroom grower in North America, for this post. As always, all opinions are my own, and I only partner with brands and products I genuinely love using in my own kitchen.
Y’all it’s that time again- Fiesta 2018 is about to kick-off! Here in San Antonio, we have an annual party that lasts almost two weeks. If you don’t believe me, check out our official Fiesta website! From family-friendly events to special menus featured at restaurants to some pretty fun night-time bashes, Fiesta is a big darn deal in San Antonio. There’s even events for our pets! So it’s only the right thing to do to have a Fiesta friendly recipe on the blog to celebrate this special time. And in true KISS in the Kitchen style, it’s SO simple- like 5 ingredient simple.
Similar to my 5 Ingredient Beef and Mushroom Meatballs featured last month, these Stuffed Peppers use Monterey Mushroom’s new Let’s Blend product- pre-seaoned and finely diced fresh mushrooms. I used their Mexican blend and was thrilled that I didn’t have to add a single additional spice (or chop a single mushroom)! The flavor is SPOT ON and I’m confident your whole fam will love it- from little eaters to hungry husbands.
Check out the gallery below to get an idea of how truly easy this recipe is and you can also tune in on Monday, April 23rd to a Facebook Live on the KISS in the Kitchen page to watch me and my almost full grown baby bump make this recipe!
KISS Tip: Personalize this recipe to your family’s liking. Swap out the lean ground beef for ground turkey or chicken, add quinoa instead of rice or serve on top of a chunky corn tomato salsa!
Wishing everyone a safe and fun Fiesta here in San Antonio! And if you’re outside of San Antonio, you should really consider a visit during Fiesta ;).
Taco Stuffed Beef and Mushroom Peppers
- 6 brightly colored bell peppers, washed, deseeded and caps removed
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (93/7)
- 1 package Monterey Mushroom’s Mexican Let’s Blend (Learn to make Let’s Blend at home!)
- 1 cup steamed white or brown rice (I used a microwaveable pack for ease!)
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Avocado and cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- While oven is preheating, trim the caps off the bell peppers and remove the stem/seeds. (KISS Tip– if you find an abundance of seeds coating the inside of the pepper, rinse the seeds out at the kitchen sink.)
- Place peppers in a ceramic or glass baking dish. Pour 1 cup of water in the base of the dish, cover tightly with foil and bake for about 12 minutes.
- While peppers are par-baking, prepare the meat and mushroom mixture by browning the ground beef over medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain any grease and add 1 package of Mexican Let’s Blend, mixing together over low heat. Mix in the steamed rice.
- Let peppers cool slightly (just so you don’t burn your hands) before sprinkling 1 tablespoon of shredded Mexican cheese at the bottom of each pepper. Begin to spoon the filling in each pepper; there should be just enough to fill to the top.*
- Bake uncovered for an additional 20-23 minutes until peppers can be easily pierced with a fork and aren’t too al dente (no need to remove the water in the baking dish).
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before topping with avocado, cilantro or any of your favorite taco-style toppings**!
Pin for later: