I’m gonna go ahead and throw this out there- I’m not a ribs girl. Normally, ribs just aren’t my thing and cooking them has always intimidated me…UNTIL this recipe. I mean it’s citrus and margarita plus juicy pork ribs that much to my surprise, are actually a breeze to make. They don’t even require a marinade, seasoning or a ton of attention during preparation AND they turn out looking like THIS. So I’ve got one question for you- what are you waiting for? Let’s make these ribs!
Here’s the best part about this recipe (besides the obvious presence of a margarita)- these ribs cook on a foil lined baking sheet in the oven for about 90 minutes before you add a simple glaze and a half an hour later you’re licking your fingers and asking for another round.. of margs AND ribs.
This post has a few more pictures than usual because I was so stoked about how easy and gorgeous these turned out!
Let’s chat about that glaze. The ingredients are pretty sensational- I’m talking orange juice, lime juice, tequila, ancho chili powder, honey, garlic and fresh ginger. I’m pretty sure that could also be a drink (maybe without the garlic?), but it makes the most delicious glaze I’ve ever made.
KISS Tip: If you avoid alcohol or if kiddos are enjoying these, simply substitute OJ for the tequila.
And of course cilantro goes on top, because in this house cilantro goes on top of everything.
It was even a breeze to cut these bad baby backs, but I let Mr. KISS in the Kitchen do that because sticky fingers and cameras don’t go well together. #keepinitreal
So basically this is the easiest, most flavorful and delish rib recipe you can find. Even the most novice of cooks can knock this one out of the park and guaranteed the family will want you to make them time and time again.
Did I mention these go great with margaritas? Cheers!
Orange Margarita Ribs
- 2 racks Smithfield Fresh Pork Back Ribs
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup tequila (or orange juice)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place ribs, meat side up, on aluminum foil-lined shallow baking pan. Roast ribs 1 1/2 to 2 hours until tender.
- While ribs are roasting, place orange juice, tequila, honey, lime juice, garlic, ginger, salt and ancho chile in medium saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer sauce for about 15 to 20 minutes until reduced by about half and thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Brush ribs with sauce during last 30 minutes of roasting. Sprinkle cilantro on top of ribs before serving. Serve with any leftover sauce and enjoy!
Pin for later: