I go totally crazy over toasted nuts. That’s probably the strangest first sentence to a blog post… like ever. But really, there’s something about nuts being toasted in the oven that is just the most delicious aroma leading up to the most delicious taste. And making your own granola allows for the aforementioned glorious nut experience. BUT hold the phone- toasting coconut is like almost as divine as nuts so when you put the two together you end up with some pretty legit granola. I’m excited… in case you can’t tell. This granola is gluten free and has only 6 ingredients!
Granola is like trail mix- I will always want to make my own. Partially to control the sugar, and partially to prevent the unnecessary addition of raisins. I’m sorry, I’m just not a raisin fan.
This granola is super simple with only 6 ingredients, yet so much nuttiness. *drool*
I also love a good recipe that lets me get my (clean) hands dirty. Whether it’s spreading granola (and you can totally use a spoon) or mixing meatloaf, I like to get all up in there.
KISS Tip: It’s important to spread the granola evenly so it cooks evenly and you get toasted nuts.. not burnt nuts.
Look at that goldenness and toasty and nuttiness… if you eat it off the pan, please don’t burn your mouth.
This granola also makes the perfect gift for a neighbor, teacher or co-worker. Nothing better than an easy, nutritious and homemade gift for someone you want to love on!
Toasted Coconut Walnut Granola
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup agave (or pure maple syrup or honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, coconut and cinnamon.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup, melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until liquified and then mix in the agave.
- Pour this mixture into your dry ingredients and combine well with a wooden spoon (or clean hands!)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread the granola mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Every 10 minutes, remove the baking, stir granola and re-spread evenly.
- Once done, remove the granola from the oven and let cool completely. Store in sealable container or mason jars for up to 2 weeks.
Pin for later: