Thanksgiving is next week. Mic drop. I’m honestly stunned that it’s already the holidays, but also excited and ready to embrace them for what they are- time with family, counting blessings, chaos and a to-do list that doesn’t ever fully get checked off. In the next 6 weeks, Mr. KISS in the Kitchen and I will be hosting 3 different holiday events, all at our house. I’ve always loved entertaining and I used to love spending hours in the kitchen putting together the most elaborate appetizers and meals, but I’m not gonna lie- those days are over. I would spend so much time cooking and cleaning that I would miss out on the time with family and friends, so I finally started getting it right- less time in the kitchen, more time with the people who matter. So I’ll be serving up some of these fast, easy and still good-for-you appetizers and I hope you try some of them out also!
I usually put recipes at the end of the post, but you’ll find them under each picture this time!
- 1 package pearl-sized mozzarella bites
- 1 8 oz. pint cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Sweet balsamic glaze
- Using tooth picks, slide one tomato and one cheese ball on the skewer. Alternate with more tomatoes and cheese balls, if using longer skewers.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil or balsamic glaze, if desired.
Asparagus & Phyllo Dough Wraps
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 roll phyllo dough (most boxes of phyllo dough normally come with 2 rolls)
- Spray oil
- Thaw phyllo dough per package instructions (usually overnight in the fridge or 2 hours at room temperature).
- Preheat oven to 375°. 3.) Rinse and dry asparagus. Cut 1-2 inches off the bottom of the asparagus.
- Rinse and dry asparagus. Cut 1-2 inches off the bottom of the asparagus.
- Tear one phyllo sheet in half length wise (carefully- the dough is delicate), lightly spray with olive or avocado oil, and wrap tightly around asparagus.
- Place wrapped asparagus spears on foil-lined baking sheet and lightly spray with olive or avocado oil.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until dough is crispy and light browned.
Chicks in a Blanket
- 1 package (4 links) chicken sausage (Italian or Apple + Gouda are great options!)
- 1 package (8 rolls) reduced fat crescent roll dough
- Marinara sauce or ranch dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll out crescent roll dough onto foil lined baking sheet.
- Cut chicken sausage in half and place at the wide base of crescent roll triangle.
- Roll crescent roll around chicken sausage and secure on sides with leftover dough (dough is rolled the same as if you were just rolling crescent rolls).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on top and bottom.
- Enjoy warm; serve with marinara sauce or a ranch dip.
- 1 8 oz. package pearl-sized mozzarella balls
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 5 oz. package pepperoni
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Using tooth picks, slide one tomato, one piece pepperoni and one cheese ball on the skewer. Alternate with more tomatoes, pepperoni and cheese balls, if using larger skewer.
- Serve with marinara dipping sauce, if desired.
Pin for later: