Peach Muffins with Streusel Topping
Recipe Courtesy of Truvia®
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, canola oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- 3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced fresh peaches
Oat Streusel Topping
- 3 Tbsp quick-cooking oats
- 2 Tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp firm butter
Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners or grease with butter or shortening. Make Oat-Streusel Topping; set aside.
Combine egg, oil Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend, and buttermilk in medium mixing bowl.
Mix flour, soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Add to mixture in large bowl. Fold in peaches. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups; sprinkle with Oat-Streusel Topping.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.